South West Orienteering Association
1. Points are awarded only on the Brown, Blue, Green, Short Green, Light Green, Orange and Yellow courses at SW League events.
2. Only members of SWOA on the day of the event score points. Runs must be
alone and unassisted for the competitor to score. Only a competitor’s first run
3. On each course the fastest SWOA competitor earns 1000 points. Other
competitors are awarded points using this calculation: Points = 1000 x fastest
time/competitor’s time. Points are not transferable between courses.
4. The results of competitors who have not completed three or more events on
the same colour course will not count in the calculation of the final scores for
the series; points will be recalculated omitting those competitors’ times.
5. The best five from nine events shall be used to calculate the score for the
series. If for any reason there are a different number of events the number to
count shall be: six from ten, five from eight, four from seven, four from six.
6. The competitor with the most points on a course will keep the perpetual
trophy for a year. Other awards will be made at the discretion of the Scorer and
SWOA and may vary from year to year. Trophies and awards can only be won by
competitors who have scored points in at least three events in the series.
A picture of the SW League trophies can be found here. Photo courtesy of Trevor Bridle
This page is maintained by Spencer Modica – Email Spencer